DUCK VERSUS MANGO
“You are the Lightwoods — you are all that is left of the Lightwoods.”
Alec followed the line of Magnus’ gesture and saw a small silver box perched on the opposite side of the big wooden table. He reached over and picked it up. It was like a miniature metal chest set on small feet, with a curved top and the initials WS picked out in diamonds across the top.
W, he thought. Will?
- Fictional character: "There is no pretending. I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then."
- Girls: Omg he's so sweet and gentle and kind can I marry him?
- Real person: "There is no pretending. I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then."
- Girls: Liar. How many girls have you told that line? Does it even work at all?
- Teacher: C'mon guys! You did this in 3rd grade!
- Student: I don't even remember what I had for dinner last night you fucking whore